Saturday, September 5, 2009

What a week!

Without all the gory details I can safely assure you that this was one heck of a week. One funny (in retrospect) example was Monday morning as I was getting ready for work. I had to be in early so I was really trying to be aware of the time. I got up, fed the dogs, "made the coffee" and went out to feed the goats. Once in the goat pen I discovered that our mama - Dolly was NOT feeling well. Due to some over indulgence on her part after a stable breakout the night before there was goat EXPLOSION (that is really the best way to describe it) all over their stall. I finally get that mess taken care of and made my way back to the house. On my way past the kitchen to jump into the shower, I noticed another mess. In the process of "making the coffee" I had apparently filled the filter with grounds, poured in my carefully measured water and then proceeded to set the carafe on the counter with the end result being a counter and floor soaked in coffee. Ugh! And in case you were wondering, no the day did not get better from there.

The favorite part of my commute (and especially this week) is seeing Mt Hood in all her glory as I head home:


To help put this dreadful week behind me I celebrated a friend's birthday last night and had a BLAST. Sometimes you just need a little girl time! We went to Esparza's in Portland for Tex Mex http://portland.citysearch.com/profile/8470153/portland_or/esparza_s_tex_mex_cafe.html. It was pretty good - interesting mix of traditional southern food and tex mex. Afterward we made our way to a very cool bar named....I have no idea. It was one of those places that is "too cool for a sign" but really was fun. Here's a shot from outside.


Next stop was a local dive in Vancouver for some good old fashioned booty shaking (minus the birthday girl-I know you read this Jenny!). Sorry no pics! Needless to say Nick had to eat his tex mex takeout dinner for lunch today as his delivery was a little late.

No comments:

Post a Comment