Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Favorite Question

I had an email this morning from an old friend asking the most frequently asked question these days - "How do you like Portland?" This is always a hard one for me because I actually do NOT live in Portland. Now before all the Portlanders get all up in arms, I am not saying there is anything wrong with Portland. Portland is a very nice town - cool people, yummy restaurants etc.. I work there Mon - Fri. It's a nice place.

I just happen to be a little partial to where I do live! I live in a village of Mount Hood called Brightwood. Brightwood is a small town nestled in the valley near the Sandy River. It is pretty much as far from Brooklyn as we could get and we love it.

Here are a couple pics to give you an idea of how wonderful Oregon is:

Stacked stones on the bank of the Sandy behind our house:


A picture looking into the valley from our kitchen window last fall. This really doesn't do it justice. I will have to get a more recent pic up later.


Me and some friends from the top of Tom, Dick and Harry Mountain. This trail is about 10 minutes from my house and from the top you get a wonderful view of Mt Hood plus Mirror Lake and Government Camp below.


Here are my mom and dad at the coast when they visited. Oregon has it all - mountain, beaches, dunes and waterfalls!


Hope you have enjoyed this peek into the great place we do call home. Now come visit!

1 comment:

  1. We love reading your blog. You are doing an outstanding job. I have shared it with several friends. Keep them coming.
    Mom and Dad London

    ReplyDelete