Monday, September 28, 2009

Ode To Indian Summer

Yesterday was a perfect indian summer day - blue sky and a light warm wind, so Scraps and I decided to take advantage with a hike. The film crew was camped out all over our property so we headed up Hwy 26 to do the Mirror Lake/Tom Dick and Harry trail.

The Mirror Lake hike is one of my favorites and I have been meaning to do it all summer. Each weekend somehow became filled with house or land projects and general life chores until there weren't many nice summer days left.

The pullout for the hike is at 3,000 feet and it has a pretty quick ascent from there so I was huffing and puffing pretty quick.

Thirty minutes up is when you hit Mirror Lake:



Here is a great view of Mt Hood a little further up:



Thirty minutes from the lake you hit this awesome rock pile as the trail levels out somewhat:



Just fifteen more minutes and you are at the top! The view of Mount Hood with Mirror Lake below is beautiful:



It was SUPER windy and you can really tell by the way Scraps' ears were flapping in the breeze:



Here is a shot of us together courtesy of the self timer:



Come on out and let's hike!

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is so beautiful! I miss you guys a lot! Now that I see more of where you are, I could say I'm jealous, but I'm really happy for you. I really want to take a week or two off so we can drive along the coast from San Diego up you see you. Glad to see it's beautiful there. talk to you soon

    Fo

    ReplyDelete