Saturday, September 19, 2009

Fruit Of My Labor

My project the past two days has been canning tomatoes..and more tomatoes..and more tomatoes. I can honestly say I am sick of boiling water (if you have ever spent any time with me in a hot tub you know this is QUITE a feat) and tomatoes (usually one of my favorite foods).

Here is the mound o'maters I started with:



In case you need a perspective reference, here is me and Scraps with the pile:



All the animals have been eying me (and the tomatoes) in the kitchen pretty closely.
Luke guarding the boxes:



Truck guarding the tomatoes:



In the end I canned over 20 pints and quarts worth of pasta sauce, salsa and diced tomoatoes.



In addition to canning we have been eating tomatoes as a side with each meal, I passed some out at work and here is me making tomatoes provencal. Yummy!

1 comment:

  1. Way to go girl. Daddy-n-law sure would like to tast the jam and the salsa. Save us some.

    ReplyDelete