Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Our OWN Oktoberfest

Last weekend was the Oktoberfest celebration in Sandy Oregon. Being from Tulsa Oklahoma originally, I LOVE me some Oktoberfest. The Tulsa Oktoberfest has huge beer tents, tons of brats to choose from and a never ending chicken dance. The advertisements for the Sandy Oktoberfest were everywhere - all the way into Portland (about 20 miles away). How can something with that much advertising not be amazing?!

Well, it was the opposite of amazing. Nick and I went on Sunday afternoon and the only highlight of the trip was that we were smart enough to avoid the pay to park lot. There was only ONE brat stand. I was so confused by the setup that I had to ask the brat lady where the beer was. Can't find a beer at Oktoberfest - that is insane! Well we did finally find the beer - in the chain link cage you had to pay to enter. They were out of most beer. Again, out of beer at an Oktoberfest that is insane. Luckily we got the last two Hoegaardens in the joint. We ate our dog. Drank our one beer and bailed.

We decided we could have our own Oktoberfest at home. We swung by the local Thriftway, grabbed some Pyramid Pumpkin Ale and proceeded to party it up at home.

Even Truck got in on the fun:

2 comments:

  1. Wow. That sounds super lame. I think I remember seeing signs all over when I was out there. I thought Truck was off the sauce??????

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Truck can't be stopped! He drinks in moderation now that he is an old man.

    ReplyDelete