Sunday, September 27, 2009

Go Geo Go!

My 1994 Geo Metro is the key to my existence. At 45 mpg I loving describe it as my "poor man's Prius". One of the benefits if living in a house with a garage is that Nick has been teaching himself auto mechanics. The main reason we purchased Nick's car was so that he would be able to take the time he needs to fix my car when it needs it.

On the way back from our friends' wedding in Poulsbo WA I noticed a loud humming emitting from the front right wheel area. I EXPERTLY diagnosed it as the wheel bearings going out. Nick was not convinced but after a Les Schwab consult agreed with me.

Yesterday Nick replaced the front passenger side bearings in the Geo. His mechanical skills never cease to amaze me! It only took 1 trip to Napa for some specialty tools and a lot of time but he got it. It is still a work in progress with a small tweak that needs to be completed but I am very proud of him and thankful.


Here is a shot of Nick working on the bearings:



Here is a shot detailing the custom diamond plate Nick outfitted the Geo with after a snow mishap where we parked the Ford ON TOP of the Geo and it busted out the back plastic piece. My ride is one of a kind!

2 comments:

  1. someone's been listening to "click and clack"...those guys are good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job, Nicholas.
    As they say, the branch doesn't fall to far from the tree. He is a lot like his Dad. We are proud of Nicholas too. Love the blog, Kim. Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete