Monday, October 12, 2009

Shear Excitement!

We finally did it - we sheared the goats yesterday! I think the hardest part was wrestling them into the truck by myself. They are all officially naked. The babies were very vocal but all survived. They did have a case of lice so our "goat mentor" friends who did the actuall shearing for us were also kind enough to mix up some dip for us and they got a dowsing yesterday and I will repeat it in two weeks.

Here was Dolly in all her fuzzy glory before being clipped:


Here she is getting blown out:


Now she is naked!




We are going to send Dolly's fiber in with our friends for processing. I should have shots of the beautiful finished fiber in a few months. Spinning anyone??

1 comment:

  1. If I knew how to knit, I'd make Dolly a sweater. Looks like she will need it! How long does it take for it to grow back?

    ReplyDelete