Friday, October 2, 2009

Dear Nature, Love Luke

Luke loves nature - particularly the small skittering aspects of it! We have dubbed the downstairs bathroom "Luke's den of death and destruction" since that is usually where he takes his prey to finish them off.

The other night I was cooking dinner when he brought in a STILL ALIVE field mouse for me to watch him as he did it in. I shrieked like a little girl and Nick had to chase him outside for me. I just knew he was going to let that thing go in the house and then it would be an all out free for all.

Nick intercepted him on his way back to his den with his most recent conquest. Nick said he was growling up a storm the whole time while he devoured it tail and all, all the while trying to get past Nick to the doggy door to access his den.

I spared you the gorier pictures but I bet you get the idea.

2 comments:

  1. Great job Luke! Wish you had been around here when I had an infestation of mice last winter when Jeff was gone on one of his FEMA trips.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luke! A necessary, but kind of gross habit. Luckily there were no inhabitants in the den of death while I was there......

    ReplyDelete