Saturday, October 17, 2009

Life's A Circus

Last night Nick and I met up with an old high school friend April for dinner and the circus. Let me set the scene of this reunion for you. I have been in desperate need of a haircut and very short on cash for quite some time now. My girlfriend recommended a friend who is finishing up beauty school. The price was right and it is only hair so I agreed to go. I did get a nice cut - a little too much off in some places, but again it will grow. When she finished my hair and heard I was on my way to dinner she offered/decided to do my makeup as well. I am not a make up girl. So fast forward a couple hours and there I am to reconnect with April with tons of mousse in my hair and what feels like enough makeup to make Tammy Faye actually blush on my face. I immediately apologized for my appearance and I hope she doesn't think I look like that all the time. When Nick saw me he immediately asked "Are we late for prom?". Awesome!

Before the circus we went to eat at a GREAT Mexican dive joint called Ole Frijole. With a name like that you know it has got to be good! The prices were less than Taco Bell and the food was homemade - YUM! April chauffeured us around in her loaner beater Nova which was half the fun as well.

After dinner we headed to Circus Artemis for an all woman aerial show. I had hoped to get some pics but no photography allowed - sorry. Those women are amazing! There was silk, single and double point trapeze, aerial ladder and strap performances just to name a few. The final strap performer was amazing! Strap is like the rings in the Olympics but no rings just loops on the ends. Her body was one lean muscle and her control was amazing! If the show comes to your town you MUST go check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment