Sunday, October 4, 2009

Jack - O - Lantern

I LOVE Halloween so when I saw pumpkins at the grocery store this week I could not resist. I honestly can't remember the last time I carved a pumpkin so this is such a treat. We decided on carving a Jack - from the Nightmare Before Christmas Jack O Lantern.

My resident artist did the sketch and hollowed it out:


I did the carving:


Here is the final materpiece:


We also decided to roast the seeds:



You may notice they were slightly overdone. This is because while they were roasting I decided to look at Jack from the front window and spotted a deer in the distance. I ran in and we grabbed the flashlight to try and spotlight the yard. We saw a very nice sized doe with a mid size fawn. In all the excitement though we forgot about the seeds!

No comments:

Post a Comment