Saturday, January 23, 2010

Fun Oregon Fact

My mom is a elementary school teacher in Tulsa OK and the 4th grade class is trying to assemble at least 1 postcard from all 50 states. As an ex-Tulsa I was obliged to send something. Who knew it would be so hard to find a postcard without having to drive to one of the local touristy spots?! Finally I asked at the local grocery store here on the Mountain and they do sell ONE postcard. Literally just one - of the Gorge! The instructions for postcard submission say that it is a nice if you can include a fun state fact.

My googling of "Oregon fun facts" led to my discovering of Mill Ends Park in Portland. In a nut shell Mill Ends Park is the world's smallest official park, measuring 2 feet across. It was created in 1948 for the leprechauns and a place to hold snail races on St Patrick's Day.

LOVE THIS STATE!

No comments:

Post a Comment