Friday, January 8, 2010

Baby....Check

So yesterday was my first Centering meeting. It went wonderfully! As usual, all my fears were unfounded. I was late (gotta love PDX traffic!) but the midwife hosting (Ellen Tilden) is wonderful and all the other ladies are super interesting. Ellen is in the processing of hopefully finalizing her Ethiopian adoption in March which is very cool as my friend Emily is doing the same! Myself and one other woman are having our first babies. The others are on their 2nd, 3rd, and 4th respectively. This session we focused on nutrition - need more veggies!

In case you would like more information on Centering.

The babies heartbeat was loud and strong. All my measurements look good as well. AND...I scheduled the ultrasound appointment for Tuesday 1/19 so STAY TUNED! We are so excited!

Last night at dinner I caught up with a girl I have known from around town who is 4 weeks ahead of me. That was a blast and I hope we do really follow through and stay in touch throughout our pregnancy and that our kids will be able to play. Apparently it was a very long summer on the Mountain as there are 3 other pregnancies that she was aware of. Luckily she is petite as well so I am going to be inheriting some maternity clothes she has already outgrown - score!

3 comments:

  1. So cool that your instructor is also adopting from Ethiopia! Do you know what agency? I read a couple of other blogs from women in Portland who have adopted or are adopting from Ethiopia. Portland must be a pretty awesome place to have so many cool people. :) Glad to hear the heartbeat is strong!! I had heard of centering before but don't know much about it. I'll be eager to hear how that goes. Stay well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily: I don't know what agency but I will try and find out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved hearing About your class. Wish I had a centering class 30 some years ago. Looking forward to hearing results of ultra sound. BESS said she is wishing for a girl. We are fond of boys, but excited about boy or girl!

    ReplyDelete