Sunday, May 16, 2010

36.5 Weeks

As you can see I do have a very good reason for neglecting posts lately. I have been very busy growing this baby!




The latest pregnancy update is that I spent Thursday and Friday in Labor and Delivery for monitoring. My blood pressure is very sensitive to stress and anxiety and has been inching up as I near the end of the pregnancy. Thursday when I took a reading myself I was in the "way too high" range so the midwife on call said I should come in. After five hours of observation, exams, blood draws and urine catches I was sent home with instructions to recheck Friday.

Friday am bright and early I was back for an in office blood pressure check and once again the numbers were too high. I had such a wonderful nurse who really did her best to not stress me out but at this point all the not stressing is really stressing me out. Again the midwife on call wanted me admitted for observation. My nurse said "you know what the Docs would do (induce)". To which I replied "That is why I see the midwives!". The thing that I love so much about the midwives is that we discuss the situation from best to worst case scenario and decide to take it one step at a time.

Again, catches, draws and monitoring for HOURS. Great news though in the end I was again released. The good news is that my body is not showing any signs of stress (no protein in my urine or symptoms of preclampsia) and Gunnar is happy as can be. He is super active and rolling around in more than enough fluid.

The current plan is to buy me as much time as possible (being to a full 40 weeks being ideal) with bi weekly non stress fetal testing and amniotic monitoring. I have been officially told to stop working.

Nick and I have finally learned our lesson though and the car seat is now in the car, I am packing a bag today and there are signs all over the place on how to care for the animals in our absence.

I really do have to give a huge thank you to my wonderful husband. I have always known that he is amazing but he has truly been my rock these past few days. Coming from someone who tends to think that I can be my own rock, I assure you that means a lot. He is a wonderful advocate for me in the hospital and a great task master at home really taking over and making me relax. I have always known I am very blessed in many areas of my life but he truly is the greatest and I am so very lucky.

Okay, enough of that!

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I love the stop working statement! You have earned it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, I LOVE your stretchy front faux jeans! Very HOT! hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete