Saturday, February 27, 2010

Stick It

Today Nick and I went to try acupuncture for the first time. We have both heard great things from friends and wanted to try for a long time but the cost was just too much.

Enter Working Class Acupuncture! At Working Class Acupuncture you pay $15-$35/session depending on what you feel you can afford. Our acupuncturist was super nice and the atmosphere was very relaxing (as long as you don't mind sharing your space). Community acupuncture is able to thrive at such a lost cost due to volume. The acupuncture is done in a common room filled with recliners and the acupuncturists float from patient to patient.

We heard about Working Class Acupuncture at the communal dinner we went to last Fall and then my midwife suggested them as well. They say it takes approximately six sessions (we are going to go weekly) to really know if it is something that will work for you. I have high hopes. I think simply being forced to relax in a quiet room for an hour is probably good for my blood pressure even by itself.

From there we went to the tax office, home depot, lunch, petco, verizon, new world market...you know a very zen afternoon!

3 comments:

  1. Are you guys doing it for specific things or general good health?

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg I love acupuncture. just went today. i'm surprised you were able to do all that after your first session! are you able to chill out with so many people around?

    ReplyDelete
  3. S - I never really chill out, that is the problem(= It was just like yoga class so I was fine with others being around. I think one on one wouldbe worse. Same reason why massage creeps me out.

    A - I am going for specific reasons but Nick is going for overall general well being. I did offer some ailments for him to confess but he is obviously in denial(=

    ReplyDelete