Saturday, February 6, 2010

Baby Shower Pics

While I was in Tulsa last week I had my baby shower with friends and family. The weather could not have been worse (7 inches of snow on top of a layer of infamous Oklahoma ice) and yet many people braved the elements to come. It was a wonderful shower from top to bottom!

One of my girlfriends who helped with the shower built me this diaper cake:

What a great idea! We are now all set with a stash of newborn disposables to help us as we adjust to the baby and get used to the cloth diaper thing.

Here is a group shot of me and some of my girlfriends who came out:

I have known some of these girls since elementary school and it was so sweet of them to come.

The entertainment was provided by my girlfriend's four year old:

Such a shy child!

One of the things I loved about the shower was that we did not play any of those typical baby shower games. Instead, my girlfriend had everyone bring a bead to the shower and we strung them together to make a birth necklace. Now when I am in labor I can focus on each of the beads (separated by spacers - one for each "child" the giver has) and the wonderful person who gave it to me. So special!

Everyone brought such beautiful and interesting beads! One example is this bead which was sent by my Aunt who could not attend the shower. It is a blue flower button from my Great Grandmother's button box:


Here is a pic of the completed piece:


I was gifted many wonderful things including some amazing handmade items. Here is me with my girlfriend and the sling she made me. As you can tell I am very excited:


Here is an adorable baby blanket my mother sewed:


Many people could not make it so they sent cards with pictures of what they were having shipped to my house. As you can tell, again I am very excited (what a dork!):


Here is me and the ABCs of Tulsa book I previously posted about:


Thanks to everyone who wither came to the shower or sent their love. Gunnar is a very luck baby to have such amazing people in his life!

1 comment:

  1. Great summary of the shower. You do not look like a dork, you look very happy and pretty.
    Loved the pictures.
    We are so happy everything came together.

    ReplyDelete