Sunday, February 19, 2012

MORE

It is no secret that Gunnar is still not talking. Oh he "talks" but not in words that anyone but he understands. He has recently been expanding his vocabulary with some object words - ball, bird, Truck. But today was a huge breakthrough with him and the word "more". He has been batting it around lately but today it really seemed to click. We were in the car and he wanted more Triscuit. So he began to fuss per usual. I finally got to use the line - "stop whining and use your word". And he DID! By the time we made it home he was STUFFED from continually asking for more. Boy was I happy to oblige though. Finally, some real concrete communication. It was wonderful!!

1 comment:

  1. My mom kept teling me that when Ezra improved his communication that our lives would get easier and his tantrums would decrease. She was so right!! There are still times when he can't get his point across and gets mad but life really is easier. YAY for Gunnar for saying more!! That is huge!! I also love being able to say, "Use your words! I don't listen to screams." There is something very satisfying about it, huh!?

    ReplyDelete