Sunday, July 7, 2013

Ready, Set Baby!

Despite needing to hoard all my vacation time at work I splurged and took Friday off this week to give me a super long Holiday weekend.  It has been wonderful beyond words!!

On Friday Nick and I dropped Gunnar off at daycare and then began our five hour baby shopping tour.  When you live in the boonies these things take time!  Nick was a super trooper and once I had gathered all the supplies he was then the brute labor to make Piper's nursery take shape.

We are giving Piper what was formally our much used, abused and neglected tv room/back guest room.

Here you have it in all it's unedited glory:

What you can't quite make out from the above pics is that there is a new window in that room!  Trim still needs to be done but Nick and his Dad did an amazing job tackling that on the 4th.  Goodbye 1950's original thin paned pain the butt windows, hello double paned beauties that actually open!!

And now the nursery:

In true second baby fashion there is no hand painted mural that took 40 hours to complete.  Those are wall decals and we love them.  I was able to sort through, organize and put away all the hand me down clothes - THANK YOU everyone who has donated!  I also was able to sort through G's room to put all his "baby" toys and books into Pip Pip's room (on the wonderful bookcases Nick lovingly put together for me).

Nick and I put G's old crib up yesterday and now I feel like, heaven forbid, she comes early we are in a much better spot.

Of course now the rest of the house is destroyed and filled with overstock furniture (let me know if anyone needs a coffee table or side chairs!).  My recliner/rocker should be ready in the next week or so and then we will be ready to rock.  Literally!!

This post brought to you by pregnancy hormones!

1 comment: