Sunday, March 6, 2011

Spoiled

Things have been so busy around here the past few weeks I have not had a chance to post. I owe an enormous shout out to all the people who have been spoiling me...

My father-in-law. Nick's dad was here for a week and in addition to helping out with Gunnar he and Nick plumbed my dishwasher! Around Christmas the dishwasher in my company's kitchen broke and long story short, I was able to sweet talk my way into it. Nick repaired the broken rack and I have been using it, draining into buckets since then. Can you guess what Gunnar's favorite kitchen play toy became? Needless to say, the buckets had to go and there was no way I was giving up my dishwashing robot. Now it is fully plumbed and they even tied in the washer downstairs that has always drained into a slop sink.

They also made some headway on the bathroom fixture plumbing and moved the woodworking tools to the barn.

Both Nick's parents will be here in a week or so and he already has the task list running for this visit as well.

It was my birthday on 2/22 and although I was ready to let this one slide away quietly my friends had other thoughts! My co-workers decorated my desk, gave me candy, we had donuts for breakfast, cake for lunch and I got roses. Amazing! One of my dearest girlfriends sent me a yummy snack box from Whole Foods which was amazing.

On my way home from work I decided to treat myself to a haircut. It had been a year and a half so I thought I deserved it. You know you were in bad shape when afterward the stylist says she wishes she had taken a before picture! In case anyone is in the area I went to Bellissimo salon and spa (next to Mt Hood Athletic Club) and Shannan was my miracle worker. Go there!

Later that evening after stinky was in bed Nick and I went to the Rendezvous for dinner. It was so wonderful to be able to talk and truly focus on one another over a meal. We had escargot for the first time. Yum! Nick had the tomato basil soup and fried oysters. I had the spinach pear salad and mushroom ravioli. Thank you goats for paying for dinner!

Life gets crazy and it is hard to take it all in so here is mu absorption post. I am very, very blessed and want to say thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment