Sunday, August 15, 2010

That's What Friends Are For

This post is a big THANK YOU to my wonderful friend Heather:
who was kind enough to invite me to her (not so secret) favor river spot this evening. Making friends as an adult is never easy. People are busy, friendship groups are already established, it is hard to meet people in your own living room etc but Heather has really gone out of her way to be my friend and I am very grateful.

Gunnar and I met Heather and her family at Wildwood this afternoon to lounge by the Salmon River and we had a blast. I didn't really plan on getting in but watching Heather ride the current like an otter was way too hard to resist. I got in clothes and all and it was just as much fun as it appeared to be (despite the freezing water). Like most new mom's my entire life right now seems defined by my child but for a few moments as I was floating in that current I will admit I felt like "the old me". I can't wait until Gunnar is big enough to swim in the river and enjoy the beautiful place we live! Here are some pics of us on the beach:



Life is good and I am thankful!

1 comment:

  1. Thank YOU friend! I had so much fun and it was wonderful to have you join us at the water's edge (and even in the water). I was shocked when you decided to come in clothes and all and was a delighted little schoolgirl when you came in the water with me (and even down the rapids). You rock and I am thankful to have you in my life.
    Until next time,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete