Friday, July 30, 2010

International Harvester

Nick is now the very proud owner of his very own 1975 International Harvester - Cub Cadet garden tractor. He got a really great deal from a neighbor for the tractor with all the accessories (mower, front blade and cart).

He was very excited about this purchase and has been tinkering with it non-stop the past few days. When asked what I thought about the tractor I thought it was neat. You know, it will make things easier - hauling bedding from the barn, widening the path through the property, plowing the snow etc. Nick kept insisting that I needed to drive and then I would see.

Well this morning he fired it up and all I can say is that I too am in love!

That puppy is FUN! I whipped around the backyard on it and can hardly wait to hit the larger parts of the property. It goes so fast!

The whole family joined in. Here are Nick and Gunnar giving it a go:



This post will serve as the "before" as Nick has big plans on restoring his Cadet to much of its former glory. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Ole McNicholas had a farm yee eye yee eye oh.
    Love the pic of dad and son on tractor. Can you send the original of that one? We would like to make a copy for Bess. She will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the exact one we had growing up!

    ReplyDelete