Sunday, March 28, 2010

Sui-Mai

Yesterday was a beautiful spring day here in Oregon. Nick and I spent it cleaning out the chicken stall, finishing the greenhouse (don't even ask what a pain that was!) and working the soil in the raised beds.

Today it rained. For a little indoor fun we decided to make some Sui-Mai. I am a huge dumpling fan, no matter what the variety. I am also a terrible baker which is why I do have never made dumplings before. It is too much like working with Phylo dough which has always left me disappointed in the past.

This time would be different! I found a great recipe in Cooking Light magazine for steamed vegetable sui-mai dumplings with chili-sesame oil.

We made a couple of substitutions - boy choy instead of cabbage and added in some shrimp. They were delicious! Here is an action shot of Nick serving up the yummy goodness:


And a close up:

1 comment:

  1. Nice! Reminds me of Myaku..or however you spell that. I make steamed dumplings once in a while. They are frightfully easy. I will should you next time we end up in the same place, ok?

    ReplyDelete