Saturday, January 25, 2014

TMNT

We frequent a resale shop in Boring called Upscale Resale and the owner there is just impossibly nice!  We went there last weekend as Pip Pip has outgrown all her 6 month jammies (aka all she ever wears) and of course Gunnar just had to find something he couldn't live without.  I really do (Nick, stop shaking your head) try to not give him everything he wants all the time so I was explaining we only came for clothes for Piper today etc etc when the shop owner offered to let him have one thing for being such a good boy.  Oh geez!  Well, the object of his affection was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle sleeping bag.  He loves it of course!  Nick got some really funny pics of him snuggled in it:
He keeps mentioning that he is ready to go camping now that he has this sleeping bag which is so funny as it reminds of a memory from my childhood.  We took a family trip to Colorado and did some camping.  I too was prepared with my purple and pink Thumbelina sleeping bag.  Well you can imagine how cold it got during that mountain night!  Sure enough, by morning I was in the big sleeping bag all nice and warm with mom while dad shivered under his Thumbelina sleeping bag!  I am pretty sure we only camped that one night.

No comments:

Post a Comment