Sunday, June 2, 2013

Gotta beat the HEAT

It is so hard to believe how big Gunnar is getting and the same can go for his cat.  Sandy is 9 months now and really a great cat.  She has taken up mousing in the barn so Nick says she is a keeper.  Her love / pester affair with G is unbelievable but here I managed to catch them during one of their "sweet moments".


Ever since leaving the veterinary medical practice I have become what I used to call, one of "those" pet owners.  No my pet's are hardly neglected per se but I have a heck of a time keeping up with their upkeep in a timely fashion.  When did Truck get his last heartworm pill?  Think that was just last month.  Hmm, uh oh found a flea on Truck, must be time to reapply his Frontline.  You know, that kind of stuff.  I really outdid myself with getting Sandy spayed.  I knew it was a ticking time bomb and once again I missed the magic window.  She went into heat twice before I could get her in for her appointment.  UGH!  The military should use cats in heat as a terrorist deterrent.  It was terrible.  She has now been spayed and doing wonderful, but it was rough couple weeks trying to get her in.  Also, a big shout out to my wonderful mother in law for taking Sandy back to the vet for me because of course she would be the kind of cat to immediately remove her own sutures once she got home.

No comments:

Post a Comment