Monday, April 23, 2012

Tulip Fest

This weekend was beautiful and very fun filled for the whole family!

We started off with the Tulip Fest on Saturday. The festival was filled with gorgeous flowers, tractors and play things.

Gunnar's favorite was the hay slide tent. A genius idea of combining bales of hay with plastic drainage tubes for the kids to climb and slide on. Kind of like a kid sized hamster activity tank! Here is my favorite action shot:

And then the tractors. Are you sensing a theme on the blog yet?
These steam tractors were amazing:



And of course the John Deere:

And then to prove we really were in the middle of a million tulips:



On Sunday the beautiful weather continued so Nick and I headed up to Meadows for some spring skiing. It was so much fun and everyone was going crazy with the first spring weather - bikinis and bbq in the parking lot! I got one good pic on my phone that I will have to try and upload.

Today I took the day off so G and I hit the town. Grocery shopping, birthday present shopping and trips to both local parks before hitting Chella's birthday party. Needless to say G was quick to bed tonight.

2 comments:

  1. G is looking more and more grown-up! He is definitely in tractor heaven! I love the tulip photos, they are one of my favorite flower. So beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the photos of G amongst the tulips - so great!

    ReplyDelete