Sunday, October 16, 2011

In the kitchen

With fall upon us and a garden going to seed I have been cooking and canning up a storm.
My girlfriend was kind enough to give us some tomatoes from her grandpa's garden so last weekend I canned those plus the excess beans from our garden.

Then I tackled some recipes from my new favorite blog Smitten Kitchen to help with the additional excess from our garden.

The roasted tomato soup with cheddar toasts has been my favorite dish so far.

The herbed summer squash and potato torte was also yummy.

And then there were the apple pancakes. Delicious and a huge hit with Gunnar. That boy loves his breakfast foods!

That recipe sparked my inner baker so this morning I made the Pioneer Woman's buttermilk biscuits. They didn't turn out as pretty as the picture in her cookbook but they were amazing. Light but durable.

We topped them with the blackberry jam Nick made and some strawberry preserves from the neighbor. Add on a side of sausage patty and it was a hit!

No comments:

Post a Comment