Saturday, August 13, 2011

Where to start

Sorry for the silence but things have just been super busy here on the farm.

As you will see in the pics Gunnar is officially walking and that has been a blast all its own. He is walking, running, dancing and cutting teeth all at the same time!

Grandma and Grandpa Pruitt were here for 10 days of spoiling us rotten.


Gunnar looooved being the center of attention during every waking moment and did not disappoint with tons of cuteness. My parents brought some hand-me-downs from my brother's house and the Toy Story pop up house and crawl tube were a huge hit!



We hit Wildwood park often:


My mom and I even got a chance to break away one day and shopped up a storm. My co-workers are very excited to finally see me in something different afer three years. I also lucked out with a dishes and a dishwasher. Wow!

Gunnar's girlfriend Chella got a cozy coup firetruck which he loves so I was very excited when I found a cop car on Craigslist for a steal. Still lots of fun time left in it!


The garden is keeping Nick very busy as it fights to fruit in this still cool climate. We have squash, beans, tomato, peppers, corn and tomatillos on the vine and just pray they ripen.

Nick and the neighbor have been enjoying some evening fishing and Nick caught his first steelhead! And in record time. I was putting Gunnar to bed and heard Nick come back in. I thought he must have forgotten something until I heard him sharpening his knife. Sure enough he got a beauty.
To make it even more wonderful, the next night he cooked up an amazing salmon spread with baguette and salad. Delicious and I didn't have to lift a finger. Such a great guy.

Grandma Darnelle will be here in a few weeks and we can hardly wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment