Saturday, November 13, 2010

Mama Ninja

Maybe this is a had to be there story but I thought I would share anyways. Thursday night I had fallen asleep on the couch about 8:00 (yeah, that's how I roll). Nice and snug, fuzzy blanket, you get the picture. About an hour later my side of the story is that I heard Gunnar cry. I tossed off the blanket and bolted upright ready to run into his room (no I do not let me child cry but that could be a whole other post). Then I hear Nick laughing at me. Nick's side of the story is a bit different. He was watching t.v. while his beautiful wife (okay a I am taking a few liberties) dosed daintily at the other edge of the couch. Suddenly she tosses her blanket and bolts upright with a look of confusion on her face. There was a baby on the t.v. that was crying and she obviously thought it was Gunnar. He politely notifies his wife that the baby cry was coming from the t.v. and then she slugs him in the arm for no apparent reason.

Usually I can tell if it is Gunnar crying or not but from a dead sleep I was READY!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful story KIm.
    The minute Gunnar was born you developed a third ear. This third ear will be with you for a long time.

    ReplyDelete